Senior Partner, Attorney at law
Sergiy Oberkovych is recognized as one of the leading professionals in business law in Ukraine, including corporate, foreign investments, banking & finance. He has extensive experience in advising Ukrainian and international clients on a broad range of transactional matters, including mergers and acquisitions, corporate and business restructuring, securities, and real estate transactions.
In addition to professional skills, Sergiy’s personal qualities include creativity and the ability to react immediately to respond to fast changing business situations to ensure seamless, effective project work.
- Master of Laws, National Taras Shevchenko University, Institute of International Relations in Kyiv, Ukraine;
- LLM in Comparative Legal Studies from The John Marshall Law School in Chicago, Illinois.
- Legal 500 EMEA, 2014 edition – recommended among best Ukrainian lawyers in the areas of banking and financial law, corporate law, mergers and acquisitions, real estate and construction;
- Best Lawyer in Ukraine, 2018 edition – recommended among best Ukrainian lawyers for Land Law and Zoning, Banking & Finance, Corporate Law, Investments, Litigation, M&A, Real Estate, Tax Law;
- Legal Experts EMEA, 2012 edition – recommended as the leading lawyer in corporate law, mergers and acquisitions;
- Ukrainian Law Firms. A Handbook for Foreign Clients, 2015 edition – recommended among the best lawyers in the areas of energy and natural resources;
- TOP 50 Law Firms in Ukraine 2016 – named among the top practitioners for law issues in energy and natural resources.
- Member of the International relations committee of the Ukrainian National Bar Association;
- German Federal Bar Association (Bundesrechtsanwaltskammer);
- Ukrainian American Bar Association (UABA);
- Ukrainian Lawyers’ Association;
- International Bar Association;
- American Chamber of Commerce;
- European Business Association.
Advisory services to an international IT company as regards the tax risks and means of their mitigation during imports of software and its further licensing. Drafting of foreign economic licensing and sub-licensing agreements on granting a license to sell and use computer software.
Legal due diligence of an integral property complex and individual properties ordered by a Czech bank to identify the risks of collateralization of the above properties under a mortgage agreement. Drafting the text of the mortgage agreement and follow-up of its conclusion.
Advisory services to a group of Irish investors Donegal FRS Group. Implementation of the project of construction of an eco-fuel power station in Ukraine. The project budget comprised 170 million EUR.
Advisory services and follow-up of a transborder M&A agreement made by an Australian media holding Dreamscape networks for the purposes of IPO. The project budget comprised 100 million USD.
Establishment of representative office of the non-resident power engineering company Enkom a.s., on-going advisory services to support a heat electric generation plant construction project. The project budget comprised 10 million USD.
Design of corporate structure and advisory services to support the launch of a new brand in Ukraine UTERQUE by the largest global retail sales network Inditex.
Design of the corporate security system to counteract hostile takeovers for Printec ІТ company .