According to Article 151-1 of the Ukraine’s Constitution, every person in Ukraine is entitled to an additional protection of his rights and interests. This is possible after passing through the 1st, 2nd (appeal) and 3rd (cassation) instances. In other words, when all national remedies have been exhausted – a person may, with the backing of attorneys, may submit a Constitutional Complaint.
GOLAW criminal law attorneys provide this innovative rights protection mechanism, guaranteed by the Ukraine’ Constitution of, as part of their representation of victims, suspected oraccused, following the completion of all stages of criminal proceedings.
Our advantage is an individualized approach to each client while considering the potential for case development.
Our services include, in particular:
Client defense at the stage of pre-trial investigation:
- Client defense strategy developing and risk assessment at the stage of pre-trial investigation;
- Representation and defense of Clients’ interests during interrogations, searches and temporary access to items and documents by pre-trial investigation agencies;
Advising and preparing responses to inquiries from law enforcement agencies;
- Legal assistance in cancellation property attachment and return of temporarily seized property;
- Protection of suspects’ interests during the enforcement of measures of restraint by the court;
- Appealing to court against decisions, actions, or omissions of law enforcement agencies (including appealing against a notification of suspicion);
- Appealing against decisions of the investigating judge during the pre-trial investigation;
- Representation of victims’ interests.
Client defense during court proceedings:
- Developing and implementing Clients’ defense strategy in the first-instance court ;
- Appeals against court decisions in appellate court and court of cassation;
- Drafting of the constitutional complaint and representation of Clients’ interests in the constitutional proceedings.